Medicare Part D
If you’re looking for Part D prescription drug coverage, the best place to start is medicare.gov. There you enter your prescriptions and receive a list of Part D plans that cover your medications and provide the best prices.
Take advantage of these Everence resources in using the Medicare’s website:
Medicare Part D provides prescription coverage for everyone eligible for Medicare. It’s important to know:
- If you don’t enroll in a Part D plan when you first become eligible for Medicare, you may enroll during the annual open enrollment period, Oct. 15 to Dec. 7.
- Depending on your circumstances, you may also be eligible to enroll at other times. Your Everence representative can tell you more.
- Participation in Part D is voluntary.
How plans differ
Part D plans differ in the following areas:
- The pharmacies they work with
- The prescriptions they cover
- The copay you pay for each prescription. (Some plan copays are dollar amounts and others are a percentage of the total cost.)
Please contact your local Everence office. Most offices charge a modest fee for this service.