Praxis Small Cap Index Fund
The Praxis Small Cap Index Fund* seeks capital appreciation through a portfolio consisting primarily of smaller company stocks, while incorporating stewardship investing criteria.
Is this Fund right for you?
The Fund is designed for investors who are:
- Committed to the Fund’s stewardship investment criteria.
- Investing for a long-term goal, such as retirement (five-year horizon).
- Looking to add a small company stock component to their portfolio.
- Willing to accept higher risks of investing in the stock market in exchange for potentially higher long-term returns.
Fund investment strategy
- Invests primarily in equity securities and uses “indexing” techniques to approximate the performance of the S&P SmallCap 600 Index, while incorporating socially responsible investing criteria.
- Attempts to minimize risk through diversification.
Risks associated with the Fund
The Fund is subject to small capitalization company risk. Small capitalization companies may not have the size, resources or other assets of large capitalization companies. These small capitalization companies may be more vulnerable to economic, market and competitive pressures than larger companies and therefore may respond differently to market events, and may be subject to greater market risks and fluctuations in value than larger companies. In addition, application of screens may cause the Fund to vary from the performance of its index and other small cap funds.
How to invest in Praxis Mutual Funds
It’s easy to get started on your stewardship investing program with Praxis Mutual Funds:
Easy-to-use options and services:
- Minimum to open an account is $2,500.1
- Free exchange privileges – move money between funds.2
- Multiple dividend options – take dividends in cash or reinvest them in additional fund shares.3
- Auto withdrawal plan – enables you to make withdrawals by check or electronic transfer.
- Check writing privileges – available for the Everence Money Market Account.
- Full range of retirement plans – a variety of individual retirement accounts, plans for small businesses, and plans for congregations and other non profit institutions.
*Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the Fund underwent a strategy change from an actively managed small cap fund to a passively managed small cap index fund. The Fund formerly named Praxis Small Cap Fund, is now the Praxis Small Cap Index Fund. Additionally, it is no longer being sub-advised by Luther King Capital.
1Accounts with less than $5,000 are subject to an annual account fee of $25. Review the fund’s prospectus for more information.
2The sale of shares from an exchange between non-tax-deferred accounts may result in a capital gain or loss that is reportable on your tax return. If you are exchanging shares from a fund with an early redemption fee and the shares have not been in the fund for 30 days, the exchange amount will be subject to an early redemption fee. Review the fund’s prospectus for more complete information on fees and expenses.
3Although your dividends are reinvested, you are still required to pay dividends tax each year, if this is a taxable account.
You should consider the fund's investment objectives, risks and charges and expenses carefully before you invest. The fund's prospectus contains this and other information. Call (800) 977-2947 or visit www.praxismutualfunds.com for a prospectus, which you should read carefully before you invest. Praxis Mutual Funds are advised by Everence Capital Management and distributed through FINRA member BHIL Distributors LLC. Investment products offered are not FDIC insured, may lose value, and have no bank guarantee.
The Everence Money Market Account is not distributed by BHIL Distributors LLC.