Praxis Genesis Portfolios
A new beginning
Whether you’re a long-time investor planning for retirement or you’re just starting out with a new career, consider choosing a Praxis Genesis Portfolio that may best suit your stage in life. Choosing from the Conservative Portfolio, Balanced Portfolio or Growth Portfolio can be the beginning of a new way of investing for you.
We offer three different Praxis Genesis Portfolios*, allowing you to invest in the one that may best fit your situation.
Benefits of Praxis Genesis Portfolios:
- A convenient approach to managing assets – Rather than you needing to decide how to allocate your investment dollars across multiple funds to meet your investment objectives, you choose a single Portfolio that has an investment objective that may best suit your needs.
- Low initial investment required – $1,000 initially or $50 per month (which can be transferred automatically from your bank account)****.
- Disciplined automatic rebalancing – Annually, we make adjustments in how much is invested in each of the underlying Praxis funds to best meet the objectives of the Portfolios, to adjust for changes in market conditions, investment experience and other factors.
Genesis Portfolios investment strategy
The Genesis Portfolios are considered a “fund of funds”(1). This is an investment approach that uses a strategy of holding a group of funds rather than investing directly in individual stocks, bonds, or other securities. The Genesis Portfolios will invest in a combination of the other Praxis Mutual Funds to achieve the investment objective of the Portfolios. The Portfolios will purchase the Class I shares of each fund. Class I shares are our lowest cost share class. The investment managers may also invest up to 10 percent of each portfolio in non-Praxis mutual funds or exchange traded funds(2) to gain exposure to unique investment characteristics not available in the underlying Praxis funds and whose screening criteria may differ from the Everence core stewardship investing guidelines.
How to invest in Praxis Genesis Portfolios
It’s easy to get started on your stewardship investing program with Praxis Mutual Funds:
Easy-to-use options and services:
- Free exchange privileges – move money between funds.
- Multiple dividend options – take dividends in cash or reinvest them in additional fund shares.(3)
- Auto withdrawal plan – enables you to make withdrawals by check or electronic transfer.
- Full range of retirement plans – a variety of individual retirement accounts, plans for small businesses, and plans for congregations and other nonprofit institutions.
*Ranges provided in the pie charts may vary from the actual allocation and may include up to 10 percent in non-Praxis funds and Exchange Traded Funds as a means to gain exposure to unique investment characteristics not available in the underlying Praxis funds. The screening criteria may differ from the Everence core stewardship investing guidelines.
**Assets consisting of bonds and other investments. See the prospectus for a complete list.
***Assets consisting of types of stocks. See the prospectus for a complete list.
****There may be a low balance account fee charged if certain requirements are not met. See prospectus for more details.
(1) Because each fund in the Genesis Portfolios is a “fund of funds,” the cost of investing in a fund may be higher than the cost of investing directly in the shares of the underlying funds in which they invest. Each fund will bear its share of fees and expenses of the underlying funds in addition to indirectly bearing the principal risks of those funds.
(2) Exchange traded funds (ETFs) involve additional risks such as the market price trading at a discount to its net asset value, an active secondary trading market may not develop or be maintained, or trading may be halted by the exchange in which they trade, which may impact a fund’s ability to sell its shares.
(3) Although your dividends are reinvested, you will need to claim these as taxable income, if this is a taxable account
The Fund is subject to asset allocation risk, which is the possibility that the selection by the Advisor of underlying funds and the allocation of Fund assets to those funds will cause the Fund to underperform. Because the value of the Fund’s investments will fluctuate with market conditions and interest rates, so will the value of your investment in the Fund. You could lose money on your investment in the Fund, or the Fund could underperform other investments. Some of the Fund’s holdings may underperform its other holdings. To the extent the Fund is invested in equity funds, it is susceptible to risks typically associated with equity investing, including that the stock market may decline in value and individual stocks held by the underlying funds may not perform as expected. To the extent the Fund is invested in bond funds, it is susceptible to risks typically associated with bond investing, including interest rate risk, or the chance that the value of the fixed-income securities the underlying funds hold will decline due to rising interest rates.
You should consider the fund's investment objectives, risks and charges and expenses carefully before you invest. The fund's prospectus contains this and other information. Call (800) 977-2947 or visit www.praxismutualfunds.com for a prospectus, which you should read carefully before you invest. Praxis Mutual Funds are advised by Everence Capital Management and distributed through FINRA/SIPC member BHIL Distributors LLC. Investment products offered are not FDIC insured, may lose value and have no bank guarantee.