Budget and debt counseling
Available at no cost through LSS Financial Counseling
If you are facing a difficult financial situation or need basic financial counsel about a mortgage, your credit report, student loans or even the household budget, Everence offers a compassionate and thoughtful service that can help.
Confidential budget and debt counseling from a certified credit counselor (up to six sessions) is available to you at no cost through an arrangement Everence has with LSS Financial Counseling, a service of Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota. Everence members who have signed up for the LSS Debt Management Program have paid off more than $1.2 million of debt over the life of the LSS-Everence partnership.
To use this service, call toll-free (877) 809-0039, or for Spanish-speaking phone counselors, call (855) 292-0131. LSS also offers counseling services through mail correspondence for Amish and related faith communities. Call LSS or your local Everence office to use this method of service.
LSS can help you work through financial issues
- Losing a job - read Financial guidelines for dealing with job loss
- Money management and budgeting
- Credit reports and improving credit scores
- Debt repayment options: Not ready to make the call to LSS? Try reading its blog - "Conquer your debt"
- Student loan repayment issues. Learn all of your options so repayment can be realistic, not a worry.
- Preventing and resolving identity theft
- Vehicle loan issues
- Mortgage foreclosure and/or predatory lending
- Home-buying readiness and mortgages
LSS is one of the nation’s leading consumer credit counseling agencies and has a 28-year history of providing nonprofit, certified financial counseling. Learn more at lssmn.org/everence.
Read testimonials of people who have used LSS.
This website link is being provided as a courtesy. Everence’s broker-dealer ProEquities makes no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information at this website. Nor is the company liable for direct or indirect technical or system issues or consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, sites, information and programs on this website. When you access this website, you assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the site. LSS Financial Counseling is independent of ProEquities Inc.
Have a representative