Green home equity discount
Unlock your home's equity for greener living. When it comes to doing the right thing to protect the environment, every bit counts. However, sometimes doing the right thing may not always be affordable. Until now.
We now offer an extra incentive if you’ve wanted to reduce your home’s energy costs. Our new Going Green home equity loan can save you a half percent rate reduction if at least 75 percent of the loan proceeds are used for qualified energy-efficient and/or energy-saving home improvements. View our current rates.
How to secure your discount:
- Fill out and submit our online loan application, if you have not already done so.
- When you receive your approval notification, call (800) 451-5719 and ask to speak with a loan officer. Share your plans, including any work orders, invoices or estimates, for improving your home’s energy efficiency with the officer.
- Our loan officer will work with you to complete the loan, which will include your discount of .50 percent on the annual percentage rate (APR)
What home improvements qualify?
- Solar panel systems
- Geothermal heating systems
- Double-paned, low-e windows
- Solar outdoor lighting
- Energy-Efficient Appliances
- Water saving processes
- Waste water efficiencies, recycling processes, composting
- Xerascaping – landscaping with plants, etc that need little water
Discount applicable with five- and 10-year fixed rate home equity loans. Documentation of home improvements required. Rates subject to credit score, loan program, and loan-to-value ratio.
This is only a partial list. Call (800) 451-5719 and ask to speak with a loan officer to learn if your home improvement project qualifies.