Mennonite Retirement Trust
Mennonite Retirement Trust helps keep your employee retirement benefits as easy and effective as possible – while maintaining the values of your organization’s mission.
Organizations with Mennonite/Anabaptist affiliation can offer MRT to their employees, a plan that reflects their faith tradition. (Other organizations can learn more about other Everence retirement plan choices.)
- Lower costs: Unlike many other retirement plans, there are no set-up costs or plan document fees. Participation in MRT keeps administrative costs low because they’re shared across a large group of organizations and congregations.
- Target-date and strategic portfolios: We’ve made your employees’ investment decisions easier with four target-date portfolios and three strategic investment portfolios that allow for a broader range of investment allocations. The funds offer a diversified mix of stocks and bonds, as well as special assets that employees won’t normally be able to select on their own.
- Daily account valuation and comprehensive online tools: Through Empower, you can manage your plan easily online. However, personal assistance by phone is also available.
- Flexibility and less reporting:As a church retirement plan, MRT offers greater flexibility and fewer reporting requirements for employers than many similar retirement savings plans.
- Lifetime income: Participants can receive lump sum distributions or select from several income distribution options upon retirement.
- Investing standards: Your employees can incorporate their faith values with their retirement savings, since MRT’s managed portfolios* all follow Everence stewardship investing guidelines.
MRT is the retirement plan of Mennonite Church USA and is administered by Everence, the church's stewardship agency. MRT and Everence partner with Empower Retirement to provide enhanced account management and retirement planning tools to you and participating employees.
Empower provides account administration services to your organization.
Access your account online.
If you have questions about:
Account administration, payroll, investments, contributions contact Empower at (800) 298-4801
General MRT issues contact Everence at (800) 348-7468 ext. 2471 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may download the plan documents: 401(a) Money Purchase Pension Plan and/or 403(b) Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
To find out if MRT might be right for your organization, contact your Everence advisor or Everence Organization Services at (800) 494-6622 or email@example.com.
The MRT target-date portfolios incorporate Everence stewardship investing guidelines. Certain mutual funds available for participant choice were selected for their screens, market coverage, and performance characteristics, but are aligned with Everence stewardship investing guidelines. Please see the description of each fund for a more detailed description of fund characteristics.
Everence and Everence Retirement Services are not affiliated with Empower Retirement.