Financial Advisor Group Sales and Service (Northeast Ohio)
As a key member of the Northeast Ohio sales team, grow sales of the group relationship portfolio and maintain strong relationships with existing group clients. Cultivate new group health and retirement plan prospects for the purpose of introducing the benefits of Everence® products and services in these areas. Strengthen the relationship with current group clients to sustain their loyalty to Everence. Provide specific levels of support that enhance relationships with clients and prospects in a team-oriented, seamless and positive manner.
Responsibilities and duties
- Through mentorship with the Group Plans Relationship Manager, become proficient with Everence products and services, including those contracted through third-party arrangements.
- Generate opportunities to prepare, propose and present group health and retirement plans with employers according to activity objectives.
- Directly interact with employers and employees to identify needs, analyze current plans to differentiate competitive advantages of the Everence solutions and address the opportunities and needs with appropriate proposals and presentations.
- Facilitate new business, including writing of and submitting applications and supporting data for implementation of the solution.
- Work closely with TPAs/TPPs to deliver competitive, professional proposals and service.
- Provide an outstanding level of service that strengthens the Everence client relationship, such as support for initial enrollment, and continued service for enrollment of new employees into the plans in coordination with the employer.
- Continuously seek referral opportunities and connect prospects and clients to appropriate Everence advisors or other Everence team members, and facilitate referrals in a team-oriented manner.
- Maintain awareness of group industry trends, including regulatory, product and administrative changes.
- Maintain licenses, industry education and a thorough working knowledge of company programs and tools.
- One to two years of experience in financial services; experience with group products and employers preferred.
- Demonstrated sales skills, including networking and prospecting through calls, community events, etc.
- Embrace and support the mission and core values of Everence.
- Comfortable working with decision-makers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; possess a team attitude.
- Exhibit initiative as a self-starter, with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be licensed in Ohio for life, accident and health insurance.
- Hold Ohio insurance license: life, health and minimum of Series 6 and 63 securities licenses.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
This position is in the Everence Northeast Ohio offices.