Professionally represent Everence Federal Credit Union to members and future members. Accurately and efficiently process member transactions, service requests and the opening of new memberships/accounts in a courteous, discreet and professional manner. Promote credit union products and services by proactively engaging in conversation with individuals, organizations and businesses, helping them achieve their everyday banking needs. Serve as primary MSR. Provide information regarding other Everence services when possible. Perform additional office responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities and duties
- Process member transactions such as: deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan payments, transfers, cashier’s checks, cash advances, stop payments, wire transfers, etc.
- Adhere to policies and procedures including but not limited to: security, transaction verification, cash limits, cash handling and check cashing guidelines. Adhere to Anti-Money-Laundering Policy established to comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) which includes Customer Identification Program (CIP), Currency Transaction Report (CTR), Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) and Monetary Instrument Log; USA Patriot Act; and regulations from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Balance cash and daily transactions. Investigate and resolve out-of-balance conditions.
- Scan checks received for deposit, payment or cash.
- Ensure individuals, organizations and businesses meet eligibility requirements.
- Present and explain credit union products and services to members and recommend the right products and services to assist them in meeting their everyday banking needs.
- Open/close memberships/accounts and renegotiate Certificates of Deposits/IRAs.
- Complete forms and enter information into database to establish new memberships/products/services, order checks and perform maintenance and service requests.
- Serve as resource for members to answer questions, solve problems and help with bookkeeping, account reconcilement and research requests.
- Receive, direct and handle telephone calls, facsimile, email and mail-in requests.
- Manage member traffic flow through lobby and telephone.
- ssist in branch opening and closing procedures
- Process night depository and mail-in transactions.
- Support balancing and auditing vault, other MSR cash, and negotiable instruments
- Quality check new memberships/accounts, service/maintenance requests.
- Gather and package completed forms for mailing to Administrative Center as needed.
- Complete reports and records as needed.
- Onboard new members with follow-up telephone calls, email messages and/or mailings.
- Contact members and prospects to update records, set appointments and cross-sell.
- Complete all required training for position and participate in electives to enhance skills.
- Participate in meetings and other events as required.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of experience in credit union or banking services.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to provide exceptional service.
- Professionalism, honesty, integrity and good listening skills to build rapport and relationships
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, solve problems, offer sound advice and cross-sell products and services.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including PC, internet, email, Windows software, adding machine, telephone, facsimile, copy machine, money counting machine and scanner. Experience with customer databases a plus.
- Adaptability to changing workflows to remain productive in fast-paced and slower times.
- Availability to work based on branch needs.
- Ability to lift boxes and heavy coin, as well as stand for a long period of time.
Schedule: Full-time and part-time opportunities are available.