Analyze, design, develop and implement enhancements in our IBM i (AS/400, iSeries) RPG, Plex and Web environment.
Responsibilities and duties
- Perform various tasks, including design, development, testing and implementation phases, to our information systems, including our policy administration system.
- Work across IT, various business areas, marketing and legal to find solutions to existing problems and to complete new requirements.
- Have a focus on customer service to meet users’ needs.
- Ability and willingness to plan, organize and control projects.
- Develop an understanding of Everence software systems and business functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by IT Applications Services Manager.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in applied or analytical science (e.g., information systems, business, economics, computer science, mathematics, etc.).
Skills and abilities
- Experience in or ability to learn programming languages, systems analysis, design and project management. Experience in RPG and SQL preferred; CA Plex experience is helpful.
- Ability to apply logic, creativity and discipline for problem solving and design. Demonstrate these skills by achieving a score of 85 or greater on the programmer/analyst aptitude test.
- Self-directed; work with minimal supervision and direction. Take initiative to accomplish goals, frequently figuring out issues independently.
- Have a can-do attitude with a sense of urgency to do what it takes to get things done.
- Oral, listening, and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills, including relating well to others, empathy and flexibility.
- Willingness to work in an open and collaborative work environment.
- Potential to develop skills in leadership, planning and organizing.
- Have a passion to meet Everence customer (both internal and external) needs through technology.
- Ability to relate closely to the Everence mission and business functions.
Supervisory responsibilities: None