Support sales efforts of the Iowa office of Direct Distribution. Provide administrative and sales assistance and marketing support for the Advisors/Stewardship Consultants. Provide excellent service to clients, prospects and staff.
Responsibilities and duties
1. Support our Advisors and Stewardship Consultants in the southeast Iowa market.
2. Acquire and maintain a strong working knowledge of all investment and insurance products, compliance regulations and systems for processing workflow.
3. Effectively manage product and service inquiries and questions from clients.
4. Upon recommendation from Advisors, assist clients throughout entire application processes for various products and services.
5. Prepare issued policies for mailing or appointment.
6. Manage any additional follow-up items from meetings as directed by Advisors/Stewardship Consultants.
7. Become proficient using the Everence client database system (CRM) to effectively manage and analyze client data.
8. Become proficient using specialized software, including LaserApp, OnBase, Portfolio Link and Innovest.
9. Prepare illustrations, reports and forms for Advisor and client.
10. Develop relationships with pastors and congregational Stewardship Advocates, supporting Stewardship Consultants’ efforts to encourage financial stewardship education activities in congregations.
11. Process incoming mail and handle request.
12. Handle mailings and place follow-up calls.
13. Give leadership in coordination of marketing and events.
14. Working knowledge of Mennonite Foundation and Everence Trust Company processes; support the workflow of MF/ETC transactions.
15. Working knowledge of Everence Federal Credit Union products and information.
16. Give leadership to office management functions.
1. Minimum of two to three years of sales support experience preferred.
2. Embrace the mission of Everence; ability to help individuals move from a transactional relationship to the Everence experience in integrating faith and finances.
3. Self-directed, with the ability to prioritize work schedule and work in a fast-paced environment; flexible to changing demands and oriented to problem solving.
4. Strong sense of urgency, initiative, proven organizational skills.
5. Good judgment and ability to keep information confidential.
6. Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions calmly, with efficiency and courtesy. Strong attention to detail.
7. Ability to work and communicate well with staff and Advisors with different styles and personalities.
8. Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
9. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including spreadsheets and databases, mail merge functions, presentations, etc.
10. Ability to learn and navigate within the CRM software to create reports, complete projects, etc.
11. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including in public settings; good phone presence.
12. Willingness to travel outside the office (occasional overnight) for educational presentations and/or meetings with clients.
13. Vision-oriented to continually look for improvements in work processes and opportunities for growth.
14. Ability to meet the public in a professional and friendly manner.
15. Willingness to become licensed in life and health within three months and maintain license through continuing education; willingness to serve as notary public. Schedule: This is a full-time position. Location: This position is in the Everence Kalona, Iowa, office.