Provide basic health insurance planning, service and product sales for an assigned group of clients (predominantly 65 and older).
Fulfill service needs as they arise and actively search for opportunities to deepen the relationship these clients have with Everence. Refer appropriate clients to other advisors as the need for additional technical expertise dictates or as the financial relationship grows beyond the level assigned to the position. May also receive referrals from other advisors to write business on a specific product for the referring advisor's clients.
Responsibilities and duties
Build and deepen personal relationships and connections with clients.
Schedule client review appointments – average of eight per week.
Educate clients on importance of clarifying their vision and setting goals to accomplish their vision and walk beside clients during this process.
Discover areas, through the use of a fact finder, where Everence can support and assist the clients in attaining their goals and refer to qualified advisor who can write the business.
Follow up and solicit feedback from clients regarding effectiveness of new products and progress toward their written goals/vision.
Client service and support
Field incoming calls from assigned block of clients and help all walk-in clients as necessary.
Attend to all client service issues from assigned block of clients quickly, thoroughly and professionally.
Initiate contact with clients as service issues or insurance renewals arise.
Preparation for own client appointments, which may involve pulling and organizing files and creating or updating consolidated statements.
Appointment follow-up by sending necessary forms or correspondence to client.
Utilize various software programs as needed to assist appointment preparation and research (CRM, LaserApp, OnBase, etc.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience in health insurance or Medicare services preferred.
Have, or be willing to obtain, a Kansas life & health insurance license.
Skills and abilities:
- An appreciation for the unique needs of seniors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to meet the public with a friendly manner, projecting a positive image of Everence.
- Service motivation to build long-term relationships.
- Enjoy teaching and communicating new information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and use discretion in handling confidential personal, medical and financial Information.
- Ability to use, or be trained in, the use of relevant PC-based applications.
- Enthusiasm for making phone calls and gaining appointments.An aptitude and willingness to be cross-trained for multiple roles and duties as market needs are identified.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Schedule: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Location: North Newton, Kansas