Drawing on user research, workflow analysis and marketing storytelling, this role will develop industry leading digital customer experiences by connecting brand expression and digital interaction in order to meet and solve for customer needs and barriers.
Responsibilities and duties
- Express the Everence brand visually and through user interactions.
- Create strategies and designs to communicate ideas and user flows, and effectively turning design themes into design systems.
- Understand and care about user experience best practices.
- Participate in the creative phase of digital projects, understanding brand, creating concepts and prototypes, and implementing the overall visual and emotional design style.
- Guide user experience design past the creative phase into production, collaborating and partnering with digital marketing manager(s), content strategists and developers.
- Facilitate and/or participate in qualitative and quantitative user research, analyze feedback, and share key findings/insights with colleagues and clients.
- Promote user-centered design and methodology internally and externally.
- Help evolve our user experience approach, process and documentation.
- Provide marketing support, and assisting other designers (traditional and/or digital) when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent education.
- Three or more years of experience in relevant design discipline for digital customer experiences.
- Proven interaction and graphic design skills (portfolio review may be required).
- Proven experience developing design solutions in traditional design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, InVision, etc., as well as the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience working with researchers, information architects and front-end developers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make compelling and clear design presentations for various audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Effectively work as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and concise diagrams, wireframes and other artifacts.
- Ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture.
- Working knowledge of animation and/or modeling tools preferred.
- Knowledge of Mennonite and related Anabaptist church values extremely helpful.
- More or less 10% of overnight travel away from home.
Schedule: Full-time position
Location: Corporate office – Goshen, Indiana