The VP will develop comprehensive strategic, operational and tactical plans with respect to IT and deploy those solutions and assets in a cost-effective manner. Significant areas of oversight are web-based technology systems, traditional or legacy technology systems, data security and telecommunications.
This position will interact with peers at Everence partners and field agencies in various ways to establish, link, or enhance information technology systems for the benefit of all parties. These IT efforts should lead Everence to achieve membership and sales growth as well as cost efficiencies.
Responsibilities and duties
- Lead a highly responsive, competent team whose leadership in information technology reflects Everence’s mission, vision, and values and strategic needs.
- Provide leadership to evaluate, select, develop, implement and maintain information management systems and processes that meet Everence’s needs in data processing through legacy and web-based systems, web presence, and information system security needs today and for the future.
- Maintain an information security program in compliance with relevant regulatory agencies and Everence policies following federal guidelines.
- Develop and maintain an excellent and up-to-date IT Disaster Recovery plan in compliance with relevant regulatory agencies and relevant to Everence’s objectives and needs.
- Maintain a strong team of support staff to meet the IT support needs of internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain long term IT systems planning anticipating strategic system needs.
- Properly select and train staff for changing information technology needs. Manage staff in an efficient and effective manner.
- Lead IT strategic planning meetings to develop and integrate Everence’s strategic plans into the Information Technology Strategy.
- Provide coordinated and planned information technology services internal (home office) and external (Everence partners and field offices) as required by product and service lines, individuals, functional areas and external partners.
- Establish objectives, priorities, procedures, and schedules for all IT activities.
- Develop a budget and monitor expenses for IT group.
- Represent Everence in professional associations and inter-agency committees as required.
- Serve as a backup to the Security Officer for Everence. Assure established governmental regulatory requirements and other established contractual requirements related to maintaining information security are adhered to.
- Maintain and update IT programs used by Everence in all areas as required.
- Keep abreast of state-of-the-art developments through attendance at trade and professional meetings and seminars, trade shows, perusal of the literature, and use of supplementary educational activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Professional background in Information Technology management, prefer specific experience in the insurance and financial services industry.
- Five years’ experience as executive of information technology.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional leadership, planning, business acumen and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management and control skills.
- A proven ability to manage multiple complex efforts in parallel.
- Direct technical and management experiences in systems analysis, design, development and rollout.
- The ability to conceptualize and envision the use of various emerging information technologies, including web technologies.
- The ability to foresee and analyze the outcomes of business directions and decisions prior to their execution.
- Exceptional ability to build and lead complex technical teams in a growth oriented, many-objective environment.
- Strong process orientation and experience designing workflow processes and structuring complex business process models.
- Systems Developers
- Web Developers
- System Specialists
- Technical Administrators, Help Desk and Operations
- IT Architects including Security and Information Resource Management (IRM)
Location: Corporate Office - Goshen, Indiana