Lead efforts to market the Everence® offices in the Central Pennsylvania region and other products and services as assigned, to Everence-identified target audiences. This is a salaried 0.75 FTE position based in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop and administer strategic marketing plans for assigned product/service areas (in coordination with the appropriate field and/or product management) focused on integrating the Everence brand, delivering meaningful customer experiences, and generating and nurturing marketing and sales leads.
- Serve as the primary marketing expert and contact for assigned product/service area(s).
- Perform creative service functions, such as copy development or graphic design.
- Monitor, evaluate and update appropriate web and digital content and functionality.
- Coordinate and monitor activities for communications projects in assigned areas to develop and monitor schedules to meet agreed-upon deadlines, coordinate project details to ensure accurate and effective completion of communication projects, and gain approvals (internal, external, compliance/regulatory, etc.).
- Integrate the Everence corporate marketing plan and direction with product/service marketing plans and activities.
- Utilize market research, digital analytics, etc., to identify needs, obstacles and customer journeys to advance relationships with target audiences.
- Develop marketing budgets for assigned areas as required.
- Lead marketing and communication projects as assigned.
- Develop content in coordination with digital marketing strategies.
- Represent Everence in professional associations and inter-agency committees as required.
- Continue to grow in awareness and knowledge of Everence, its products and services, its clients and their customer experiences, the church, and current marketing trends and practices.
- Be familiar with and uphold the Everence writing, design and digital standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field required.
- Preferred three or more years of proven marketing and/or communication experience, including creative work (such as writing or design) and marketing plan development.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proven ability to successfully manage relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Financial services and/or insurance experience preferred.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to take initiative, organize diverse tasks, work independently, and integrate and pursue corporate strategy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to effectively interact with various parties across and outside the organization.
- Capable of clearly communicating information and ideas to others verbally and in writing. Effective public speaking and presentation skills a plus.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Computer literacy, specifically with Microsoft Office programs, Lotus Notes and web content management.
- Knowledge of Mennonite and related Anabaptist church values extremely helpful.
- Willingness and ability for more or less 15 percent of overnight travel away from home. This includes three to four trips per year to the Everence headquarters in Goshen, Indiana.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This is a 0.75 FTE position.
This position is located at the Everence office in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania.