Responsibilities and duties
- Process member transactions such as: deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan payments, transfers, cashier’s checks, cash advances, stop payments, wire transfers, etc.
- Adhere to policies and procedures including but not limited to: security, transaction verification, cash limits, cash handling and check cashing guidelines. Adhere to Anti-Money-Laundering Policy established to comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) which includes Customer Identification Program (CIP), Currency Transaction Report (CTR), Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) and Monetary Instrument Log; USA Patriot Act; and, regulations from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Balance cash and daily transactions. Investigate and resolve out-of-balance conditions.
- Scan checks received for deposit, payment or cash.
- Ensure individuals, organizations and businesses meet eligibility requirements.
- Present and explain credit union products and services to members and recommend the right products and services to assist them in meeting their everyday banking needs.
- Open/close memberships/accounts and renegotiate Certificates of Deposits/IRA’s.
- Complete forms and enter information into database to establish new memberships/products/services, order checks and perform maintenance and service requests.
- Serve as resource for members to answer questions, solve problems and help with bookkeeping, account reconcilement and research requests.
- Receive, direct and handle telephone calls, facsimile, e-mail and mail-in requests.
- Manage member traffic flow thru lobby, drive-thru and telephone.
- Assist in branch opening and closing procedures.
- Process drive-thru, night depository and mail-in transactions.
- Support balancing and auditing ATM, vault, other MSR cash, and negotiable instruments.
- Quality check new memberships/accounts, service/maintenance requests.
- Complete reports and records as needed.
- Onboard new members with follow-up telephone calls, e-mail messages and/or mailings.
- Contact members and prospects to update records, set appointments and cross-sell.
- Complete all required training for position and participate in electives to enhance skills.
- Participate in meetings and other events as required.
- Assist Spanish speaking members as necessary, at times translating when applying for loans if no translator available.
- Work rotating Saturday and closing (Thursday and Friday) schedule at the Lincoln Hwy branch.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Cash handling or retail service experience required and experience in financial services preferred. Strong customer service experience.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Experience in financial services preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Basic understanding of credit union operations.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Courteous; confidential.
Full-time, 40 hours a week