Responsibilities and duties
- Develop and manage project timelines.
- Maintain easy to understand and well-communicated project plans throughout the project lifecycle specifying phases, activities, deliverables, deadlines, resource staffing, and other project expenses.
- Schedule and lead internal meetings.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional project teams and project resources to implement projects
and ensure goals are met.
- Proactively escalate and inform any budget, timeline, deliverable, quality or personnel issues as soon as an issue is known and facilitate joint problem solving.
- Comfortable with both big-picture analysis and hands-on, detail-oriented task management.
- Manage project timelines and processes, regularly prioritizing and monitoring workflow.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for day to day project leadership and delivery.
- Assign duties and responsibilities to project personnel.
- Collaborate with project team to identify and resolve problems.
- Develop implementation plans that include analyses such as cost-benefit or return on investment (ROI).
- Establish and execute a project communication plan.
- Identify need for initial or supplemental project resources.
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
- Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies.
- Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
Bachelor’s degree required
Two plus years of project management experience
Skills and abilities
- Strong budget management and tracking background
- Hands on, detailed oriented leader
- Strong attention to detail and passion for the art of project management
- Understanding of agile project management methodologies and flexible approach to their application
- Interest in using Design Thinking as a collaborative approach to understanding and solving complex problems
- Proven proficiency with technology and willingness to learn new software applications
- Excellent estimating, scheduling, and budgeting skills with an eye for minimizing risk
- Excellent communication – including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team atmosphere in a leadership role
- Ability to inspire teams to a high level of quality and performance
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, and ability to maintain grace and a sense of humor under pressure
- Experience working with business owners to gather requirements, write project specifications and communicate requirements
- Experience performing business process analysis, mapping, and design
- A solid understanding of all phases of the project lifecycle
- Take initiative, organize diverse tasks, work independently, and integrate and pursue corporate strategy
- Effectively lead and participate in cross-functional teams
- Effectively interact with various parties across and outside the organization
- Strong personal attributes that include: creative problem solving, analytic skills and flexibility, customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of Mennonite and related Anabaptist church values
This is a full-time position
Goshen, IN – Corporate office