Responsibilities and duties
- Process member transactions such as: deposits, loan payments, transfers, cashier’s checks, cash advances, stop payments, etc.
- Adhere to policies and procedures including but not limited to security and transaction verification. Adhere to Anti-Money-Laundering Policy established to comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) which includes Customer Identification Program (CIP), Currency Transaction Report (CTR), Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) and Monetary Instrument Log; USA Patriot Act; and, regulations from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Scan checks received for deposit or payment. Resolve out-of-balance situations.
- Ensure individuals, organizations and businesses meet eligibility requirements.
- Present and explain EFCU products and services to members and recommend the right products and services to assist them in meeting their everyday banking needs.
- Open/close memberships/accounts and renegotiate Certificates of Deposits/IRAs.
- Complete forms and enter information into database to establish new memberships/products/services, order checks and perform maintenance and service requests.
- Serve as resource for members to answer questions, solve problems and help with bookkeeping, account reconcilement and research requests.
- Serve as a resource for other EFCU branches.
- Answer member questions regarding mobile banking, online banking and electronic bill payment.
- Receive, direct and handle telephone calls, video calls, texts, online banking, e-mail and mail-in requests.
- Process mail and return mail for the Administrative Center.
- Quality check new memberships/accounts, service/maintenance requests.
- Receive incoming and originate outgoing funds transfers (wires).
- Complete reports and records as needed.
- Prepare and send correspondence related to member accounts (certificates, negative balances, and escheat regulations).
- Perform maintenance on electronic bill payment accounts.
- Onboard new members with follow-up telephone calls, e-mail messages and/or mailings.
- Contact members and prospects to update records and cross-sell.
- Complete all required training for position and participate in electives to enhance skills.
- Participate in meetings and other events as required.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of credit union operations.
- Retail service experience and/or experience in financial services preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide exceptional service.
- Professionalism, honesty, integrity and good listening skills to build rapport and relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, solve problems, offer sound advice and cross-selling products and services.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment. Experience with customer databases a plus.
- Adaptability to changing workflows to remain productive in fast-paced times.
- Availability to work based on branch needs.
- Spanish proficiency preferred.
Full-time, 40 hours a week
EFCU - Lancaster, PA