Responsibilities and duties
- Express the Everence brand visually and through user interactions.
- Quickly and iteratively create user-centered strategies and designs to communicate ideas and user flows, by understanding organizational requirements, the voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback and usability findings.
- Understand and care about user experience best practices.
- Participate in the creative phase of digital projects, understanding brand, creating concepts and prototypes, and implementing the overall visual and emotional design style.
- Guide user experience design past the creative phase into production, collaborating and partnering with digital marketing manager(s), content strategists and developers.
- Facilitate and/or participate in qualitative and quantitative user research, analyze feedback, and share key findings/insights with colleagues and clients.
- Perform metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts.
- Promote user-centered design and methodology internally and externally.
- Help evolve our user experience approach, process and documentation.
- Provide marketing support and assist other designers (traditional and/or digital) when needed.
- Be familiar with and uphold the Everence writing and graphic design standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent education.
- Three or more years of experience in relevant design discipline for digital customer experiences.
- Proven interaction and graphic design skills (portfolio review may be required).
- Knowledge and proven experience of industry tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, etc., as well as the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Familiarity with the Scrum project management framework and the Jira product management platform a plus.
- Experience working with researchers, information architects and front-end developers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make compelling and clear design presentations for various audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Effectively work as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and concise diagrams, wireframes and other artifacts.
- Ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture.
- Working knowledge of animation and/or modeling tools preferred.
- Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences.
- Knowledge of Mennonite and related Anabaptist church values extremely helpful.
- More or less 10% of overnight travel away from home.
This is a full-time position.
Corporate office, Goshen, IN