Responsibilities and duties
- Manage the overall financial condition and operations of Everence, ensuring adequate return on assets and prudent risk management.
- Provide leadership to align business and finance strategy to grow the business.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget and capital planning process.
- Oversee the development and implementation of timely financial communication between stakeholders, Everence board of directors, affiliated boards, CEO, senior leadership, management, staff, community, regulatory agencies, and auditors.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, guidelines and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), statutory accounting principles (SAP) and cost accounting standards (CAS).
- Oversee all information technology/data systems at Everence.
- Oversee all information/data security at Everence.
- Oversee innovation and project management at Everence.
- Recruit, train, retain, manage, and empower a highly productive staff whose leadership in corporate finances, financial services operations, information technology and investments reflect Everence’s mission, vision, and values.
- Chair the Risk Management, Asset Liability Management, and Business Continuity Committees, and lead the reporting to the Board Audit Committee. Serve on other committees as assigned.
- Serve as Trustee of Everence employer 401k plan.
- Maintain knowledge of developments and trends in finance, administration and technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
CPA, MBA or postgraduate degree in business preferred.
At least ten years of experience in the financial function of a company required. Minimum of five years of proven leadership experience in a business/insurance/financial organization.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to provide sound, ethical, and strategic financial counsel to Everence leadership. Must be a strategic thinker.
- Thorough understanding of methodologies of finance and administration, information technology, and proven experience with software tools.
- Must have the ability and desire to model and foster a team environment.
- Must have excellent technical skills to communicate effectively with auditors, accountants, actuaries, and regulators, and outstanding communication skills to translate technical information to a non-financial audience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Willing to take risk and make decisions consistent with the Everence mission, vision and values.
- Commitment to support the organization’s Christian Anabaptist values.
- Accounting – Controller
- Actuarial – Chief Actuary
- VP of Information Security
- VP of Information Technology
- VP Innovation/Project Management
- Credit Union – Controller
- Internal Auditor/Compliance
- Director of Field Services
- Senior Administrative Assistant
Corporate office, Goshen, IN