Responsibilities and duties
- Promote and sell Medicare Supplement plans.
- Develop proficiency in understanding all Medicare plans and Medicare Part D.
- Contact and meet with prospective clients, determine needs, and effectively communicate and educate to bring understanding and build trust.
- Process new business, complete and submit applications/forms, deliver policies.
- Serve as the senior health expert that people in the community contact with questions
- Facilitate informational/educational seminars.
- Develop referral network of professionals such as HR Directors, retirement community social workers, accountants, etc.
- Provide strategic recommendations to grow senior health business and implement.
- Develop working knowledge of other product lines pertinent to the senior market, with competency in selling and/or making referrals to team of advisors. These lines would include, but not be limited to individual health insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, and Foundation and Trust products.
Experience in education, nursing, social services, and/or experience relating to seniors is helpful.
Have or be willing to obtain a Pennsylvania Life & Health insurance license.
Skills and Abilities:
- An appreciation for the unique needs of seniors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to meet the public with a professional appearance and friendly manner, projecting a positive image of Everence.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service, with strong organizational skills, including accuracy and a detail orientation.
- Ability to use, or be trained in, the use of relevant PC-based applications.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and use discretion in handling confidential personal, medical and financial information.
- An aptitude and willingness to be cross-trained for multiple roles and duties as market needs are identified.
This is a full-time position.