Maintain daily operations, coaching for improved performance, problem solving and decision making, reinforce the sales culture within the branch. Responsible for regulatory/policy and procedure enforcement, reports, audits, and analysis; ensures security of the branch through adherence to policies and procedures, rules and regulations and building security. Pursue quality lending and deposit opportunities through financial counseling and product awareness to current and potential Credit Union members in support of the Branch’s growth goals.
Responsibilities and duties
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient performance of Branch operations.
- Supervises work scheduling and work flow of daily operations.
- Ensures operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures Branch security. Opens and closes the building in accordance with set hours and tests security equipment quarterly.
- Supervises and assists with member services functions. Cross-sells Credit Union services.
- Implements changes to Credit Union policy and procedures within the Branch.
2. Effectively supervises Branch staff, ensuring optimal performance.
- Directly supervises all Branch personnel. Ensures high quality work and efficiency in operations are maintained. Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing tasks.
- Provides leadership through effective goal setting and communication.
- Conducts regular meetings with Branch employees to inform and train. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes in procedure.
- Ensures that personnel are effective and optimally used. Supervises work scheduling and work flow of daily operations. Helps determine appropriate staffing levels for proper utilization of human resources.
- Tracks individual progress and conducts regular performance reviews on each employee. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Recommends promotions for employees as appropriate.
3. Assumes responsibility for effectively seeking new lending opportunities; initiating, reviewing, processing, and coordinating loan functions.
- Acts as the Branch’s primary point of contact for consumer lending and real estate lending opportunities.
- Actively seeks new lending opportunities through existing membership base, referrals, community relationships, and small business relationships.
- Assists members with the loan, deposit, or transactional application process in person, on the phone, or electronically to ensure completeness of information. Approves loans within limits of authority and notifies applicants of loan decisions. Requests additional information if required.
- Coordinates and processes loan closings. Ensures each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved, and disbursed.
- Ensures lending operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are legally compliant. Ensures loan requests are properly documented.
- Performs collections efforts in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with members.
- Ensures members' requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensures members are properly informed of Credit Union policies and services.
- Ensures the Credit Union's quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
5. Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned.
- Fills in and performs duties in Branch positions as needed to ensure optimal member service at all times.
- Attends assigned training sessions and stays current on new operational procedures.
College graduate or experience in a managerial role, preferably as a branch manager in a financial institution.
- A minimum of one-year management experience and one-year lending experience required.
- Previous experience with real estate lending and/or business lending is a plus.
Skills and abilities
- Spanish (bilingual) speaker preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication and public relations skills
- Thorough understanding of lending and deposit programs, policies and procedures, as well as related legal requirements.
- Solid math and strong technology/computer skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to analyze accounts and loan requests
- Attentive to detail; well organized.
- Able to assist others
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Able to maintain an effective and efficient work flow
Branch MSRs / Tellers
Full-time, exempt position.