Responsibilities and duties
- Support our Advisors, Client Service Representatives and new staff for the Harrisonburg market.
- Acquire and maintain a strong working knowledge of all investment and insurance products, compliance regulations, and systems for processing workflow.
- Effectively manage product and service inquiries and questions from clients.
- Upon recommendation from Advisors, assist clients throughout entire application processes for various products and services.
- Prepare issued policies for mailing or appointment.
- Manage any additional follow up items from meetings as directed by Advisors and managing Director.
- Become proficient using the Everence client database system (CRM) to effectively manage and analyze client data.
- Become proficient using specialized software, including LaserApp, OnBase, Portfolio Link, and Innovest.
- Prepare illustrations, reports and forms for advisor and client.
- Handle advisor mailings and place follow-up calls.
- Give leadership in coordination of new staff.
- Develop checklists and process for completing necessary paperwork and onboarding for new staff.
- Working knowledge of Mennonite Foundation (MF) and Everence Trust Company (ETC) processes; support the workflow of MF/ETC transactions.
- Give leadership to office management functions.
- Serve as Harrisonburg core market representative on wider Everence work project groups to improve process.
- Minimum of two to three years of sales support experience preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including spreadsheets and databases, mail merge functions, presentations, etc.
Skills and abilities:
- Willingly embrace the mission of Everence; ability to help individuals move from a transactional relationship to the Everence experience in integrating faith and finance.
- Self-directed with the ability to prioritize work schedule and work in a fast-paced environment; flexible to changing demands and oriented to problem solving.
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative, proven organizational skills.
- Good judgment and ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions with efficiency, calmness, and courtesy. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work and communicate well with staff and advisors with different styles and personalities.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including in public settings; good phone presence.
- Willingness to travel outside the office (occasional overnight) for educational presentations and/or meetings with clients.
- Vision-oriented to continually look for improvements in work processes and opportunities for growth.
- Ability to meet the public in a professional and friendly manner.
No direct supervision/functions as a team leader.
This is a full-time position.
Everence - Harrisonburg, VA office.