Cultivate new and maintain existing relationships with members, particularly member businesses, non-profits and churches. Actively participate in both community and economic development initiatives. Develop and enhance the business loan portfolio and networks. Ensure that members and prospective members are promptly and professionally served. Responsible for performing collection activities associated with delinquent member accounts.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assume responsibility for regional economic development.
- With management, proactively develop strategies for development of new members and provide tactical steps for implementation.
- With local community partners, proactively develop strategies for measurable community and economic development activities and initiatives.
- Contact prospective members to present financial wellness education, information on products and services.
- Primary liaison and contact for existing regional member businesses. Maintain relationships with area SEGs.
- Visible presence in local community. Promote Everence services through visible participation in business, community, church, charitable organizations and activities.
- Promote Everence products and services with cross-selling to meet members’ needs.
- Attend professional outings and promotional opportunities as needed.
Responsible for effectively receiving, reviewing, and processing business loan and deposit applications.
- Gather background information on members applying for business services by interviewing and collecting necessary information. Handle loans of varying complexity, value and risk.
- Assist members with loan, deposit, or transactional application process in person, on the phone, or electronically to ensure completeness of information. Approve loans within limits of authority and notify applicants of loan decisions.
- Coordinate and process closings. Ensure each loan or deposit service is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved, and disbursed.
- Assist in servicing loans by processing payoff, refinance, problem loan workout arrangements, address changes, payment extensions, collateral releases, and payment due date changes.
- Perform duties in cooperation with Financial Wellness Center (FWC) personnel as required.
- Ensure business service operations are conducted in accordance with established credit union policies and are legally compliant. Ensure project and account requests are properly documented.
- Provide input to management on potential new products and/or trends in the industry.
- Participate in the Business Lending Committee. Provide input and recommendations for lending decisions to the lending committee and economic/community development opportunities.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relationships with new and existing members.
- Lead effort in engaging emerging markets through the use of Financial Wellness Education seminars – lending, credit scoring, home ownership, employee benefits, etc.
- Ensure members' requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensure members are properly informed of credit union loan policies and services.
- Ensure Everence Financial quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
- Create value add experiences for members and prospective members.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and communication with area personnel and with management.
- Counsel other loan officers as necessary to resolve member problems.
- Complete reports and records promptly and accurately.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Provide support and assistance to FWC. Serve as connection to the Everence family of products and services.
Actively and professionally cross-sell Everence Financial services.
Education: College degree preferred
Knowledge: Knowledge of banking operations and lending functions
Experience: 1-2+ years of business lending and cross-cultural experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Thorough understanding of business lending and deposit programs, policies and procedures, as well as related legal requirements.
- Established network in the local market.
- Prospecting, sales and referral skills.
- Attentive to detail; well organized.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to maintain an effective and efficient work flow.
- Spanish-speaking preferred.
Location: Philadelphia, FWC location