Responsibilities and duties
- Oversees all consumer and real estate lending functions of the credit union. Assists the VP of Lending in driving key initiatives across all consumer and real estate lending products in accordance with the credit union’s loan goals and risk appetite.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the centralized real estate lending processes, including the underwriting, processing, closing, servicing of all real estate loans.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the consumer loan process including the loan origination system. Works with the Vice President of Operations in ensuring efficient operation of all consumer and real estate lending systems and processes.
- Acts as the primary overall loan exception approval officer for real estate and consumer loans.
- Serves as a backup for real estate underwriting and national consumer loan requests.
- Serves as the consumer lending trainer for all new employees.
- Reviews policies and procedures as they relate to the overall policy manuals for all consumer and real estate lending-related products and procedures.
- Assists with any system/process upgrades including the lending product content on the Everence website.
- Partners with the business, operations, and National Branch teams in order to maintain consistent, efficient and superior member service.
High school graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- 5+ years retail lending experience; management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of banking operations and lending functions.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and technological.
- Outstanding technology skills related to normal everyday systems and software plus the credit union’s specific systems and software, especially loan- related.
- Compliance knowledge – able to understand and keep abreast of the continuing updates and changes to financial services and credit union laws and regulations.
- Presentation/facilitation – able to present to internal and external groups both in-person and through technology.
- Supervision – desire to know and listen to staff, share knowledge, coach to success; team building; open-door policy; and listen again!
- Credit decisioning – a blend of risk-tolerant and creative; demonstrate flexibility.
- Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.