Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience. Tactical emphasis is on customer care, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training. Performance metrics include call efficiency, low abandonment rate, high conversion rates, staffing utilization, acceptable turnover, and financial performance. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development programs enhancing employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale.
The Director’s success is measured by the organization’s ability to provide high quality services while meeting Service Standards, improving call performance, increased use of resources and adaptation of new proven technologies to increase efficiency, and achievement of metrics. The leader in this role actively contributes to the overall company operational targets as well as the daily business decisions.
Executes the vision for the operation insuring the Sales and Contact Center meets customer and organization needs. The successful Director is continually engaged in leading and inspiring their team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
Responsibilities and duties
- Provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently leverage the value of every call for maximum services for existing clients and development of new client relationships that lead to overall growth.
- Responsible for development and administration of annual department budget to attain business goals with operational stability.
- Deliver results against a defined key result indicators that include measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and staff development.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective internal and external quality standards that foster continuous improvement.
- Proven experience managing metrics, ensuring customer satisfaction, and reporting statistical performance levels related to the Sales and Contact Center.
- Develop and maintain effective organization of responsibility, including efficient recruiting, training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, workforce management and supervision.
- Coordinate analytic, strategic and technical resources to meet client expectations and insure satisfaction.
- Identify and pursue new revenue opportunities within the existing client base.
- Insure compliance with regulatory guidelines and standards.
- Utilize various software programs as needed to assist appointment preparation and research ([Contact Center Software] CRM, LaserApp, OnBase, etc.).
Education: Bachelor degree or higher preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of management experience with increasing authority. Call Center/Contact Center management experience a plus.
License(s): Have, or be able to obtain, a minimum of life & health insurance license. Prefer securities licensure.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective leadership and analytical skills including working knowledge of financial statement analysis, staffing/workforce management models, scheduling, and telecom opportunities.
- Exceptional ability to develop and manage results-oriented recruiting and training programs.
- Measurable experience in managing and growing profitable satisfied accounts and/or relevant account management experience.
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills – including statistical report writing.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics, Call Center Software (TBD), Excel, LaserApp, OnBase. Tableau.
- Occasional travel trade shows and continuing education classes as required.
Supervisory responsibilities: Sales and Contact Center Staff
Schedule: Full time – flexibility required
Location: Goshen - Corporate Offices