Develop and enhance the business loan portfolio. Provide information on credit union products and services to current and potential members according to all credit union policies and procedures. Ensure that members and prospective members are promptly and professionally served. Responsible for performing collection activities associated with delinquent member accounts. Provide general Everence information and cross-sell services.
Responsibilities and duties
Assume responsibility for regional business development.
- With management, proactively develop strategies for development of new members and provide tactical steps for implementation.
- Contact prospective members to present information on products and services.
- Serve as the primary liaison and contact for existing regional member businesses, and maintain relationships with area SEGs.
- Be a visible presence in the local community. Promote the credit union through visible participation in business, community, charitable organizations and activities.
- Promote all products and services with cross-selling to meet members' needs.
- Attend trade shows and promotional opportunities as needed.
Effectively receive, review and process business loan and deposit applications.
- Gather background information on members applying for business services by interviewing and collecting necessary information. Handle loans of varying complexity, value and risk.
- Assist members with loan, deposit or transactional application process in person, on the phone, or electronically to ensure completeness of information. Approval loans within limits of authority and notify applicants of loan decisions.
- Coordinate and process closings. Ensure each loan or deposit service is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved and disbursed.
- Assist in servicing loans by processing payoff, refinance, problem loan workout arrangements, address changes, payment extensions, collateral releases, and payment due date changes.
- Perform duties of area personnel as required.
- Ensure business service operations are conducted in accordance with established credit union policies and are legally compliant. Ensure project and account requests are properly documented.
- Provide input to management on potential new products and/or trends in the industry.
- Participate in the Business Lending Committee. Provide input and recommendations for lending decisions to the lending committee.
Establish and maintain effective and professional business relationships with members.
- Ensure members' requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensure members are properly informed of credit union loan policies and services.
- Ensure the credit union's quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
- Create value add experiences for members and prospective members.
Establish and maintain effective coordination and communication with area personnel and management.
- Counsel other loan officers as necessary to resolve member problems.
- Complete reports and records promptly and accurately.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Provide support and assistance to branch personnel in local region. Serve as connection to the Everence family of products and services.
Actively and professionally cross-sell credit union services.
High school graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Knowledge of banking operations and lending functions.
Three or more years of business lending experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Thorough understanding of business lending and deposit programs, policies and procedures, as well as related legal requirements.
- Established network in the local market.
- Prospecting, sales and referral skills.
- Attentive to detail; well organized.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to maintain an effective and efficient work flow.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish preferred.
This is a full-time position.
This position is located at the Everence Federal Credit Union branch in Harrisonburg, Virginia.