Responsibilities and duties
- Prepare and file IRS reports and payments.
- Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyzes, reconciles and/or evaluates the accuracy of general ledger, accounting details, revenues, expenditures, accounting/budget/financial reports, and cash balances, ensuring proper amounts, receipt and classification, processing documents for input.
- Prepare and enter daily and monthly ledger transactions including investment activity, daily borrowing activity, and schedules.
- Prepare summary Daily Balancing journal entries and verify that all other journal entries and cash deposits have been properly balanced.
- Generate a variety of reports and statements as requested by management. Assist Controller in financial and monthly report preparation. Examples of reports include Daily Change Fund Balance report and the daily cash flow (Flash) report.
- Post and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued interest and loan balances from loan participations, and off system loans receivable.
- Post CD investment portfolio transactions, reconcile investment subsidiary ledger and Accrued Interest Receivable with general ledger.
- Review daily cash balances and sweep cash at day end.
- Prepare and submit quarterly FRB FR2900 reports.
- Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances.
- Set-up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the subsidiary ledgers, establish proper accruals.
- Operate internal accounting information systems, microcomputer hardware and software, including word processing, spreadsheets and others, maintaining and creating spreadsheets as needed.
- Required: Two-year college associates degree in accounting, business or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related field.
- Two years related work experience required. Three years of related work experience preferred. Additional education may be substituted for experience.
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required.
- In-depth understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, auditing, budgeting, bookkeeping and fiscal record keeping as related to federally chartered credit union financial transactions.
Skills and abilities
- Maintain accurate financial records and prepare clear and accurate reports for informational, auditing and operational use.
- Reconcile accounts, records, reports and journals.
- Prepare financial and/or auditor statements, schedules and reports.
- Interpret, apply and explain complex laws, codes, regulations and ordinances.
- Review and verify accuracy of data.
- Maintain accounting records for special accounts and projects.
- Make sound, independent judgments within established policies and procedures.
- Organize own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Communicate to interact effectively with co-workers, managers, subordinates and the general public to convey information and receive work direction.
This is a full-time position.
This position is located at the Everence Federal Credit Union office in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.