Responsibilities and duties
- Directly handle foreclosures, repossessions or any other action to protect collateral. Acts as the liaison between legal counsel and the credit union as needed.
- Responsible for recommending and processing charge-offs as well as the handling and disposition of all Other Real Estate Owned (OREO) properties.
- Liaison between the third-party collection partner and the credit union on delinquent accounts. Handles the seriously delinquent accounts after the third-party partner returns the account back to the credit union. Assists with other delinquent situations as needed.
- Reviews all loans delinquent greater than 30 days and reports the findings to management via a monthly loan performance meeting.
- Completes the resolution and processing of modifications and troubled debt workout scenarios.
- Handles the review of consumer and real estate loan production. Documents the loan decision the overall collateral position, and the documentation of the loan to maintain compliance of all NCUA/Federal regulations.
- Reviews credit decisions made by the loan officers; documents any exceptions to loan policy and prepares quarterly reports of exceptions to the Board of Directors.
- Identifies lenders with credit quality weaknesses; recommends and conducts additional training as needed. Recommends lending authority increases and decreases based on credit quality.
- Handles all credit reporting disputes to keep in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Receives, processes and tracks member bankruptcies.
- Periodically reviews and updates policies and procedures pertaining to job duties.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience.
- At least three years of lending or collection experience preferred.
- Understanding of the foundation of determining credit worthiness.
- Knowledge of credit union loan policies, products, procedures, processing and underwriting guidelines.
- Real estate background helpful.
Skills and abilities
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid analytical skills/numbers.
- Well-organized and able to multitask.
- Computer system/software experience/technology.
- Willing to work with and assist others/team player.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills.
This is a full-time position with no supervisory responsibilities.
This position is located at the Everence Federal Credit Union office in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.