Responsibilities and duties
- Perform commercial and church loan underwriting related to new loan origination and due diligence, including participations.
- Analyze borrower credit quality and collateral quality. Identify risks to cash flow and collateral. Review significant issues with management.
- Analyze third-party reports and appraisals. Obtain missing files and/or missing documentation as needed and order third –party reports as requested.
- Participates in site inspections and joint business development calls.
- Prepare written reports related to loans and collateral, recommend appropriate actions, and present results to management and/or the loan officer.
- Coordinates and participates in Business Loan Committee meetings including preparation of the agenda and taking and communication of meeting minutes.
- Coordinate the gathering of required financial information for annual loan reviews for the portfolio. Assure that required annual reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare commercial loan reports as needed.
- Aid with keeping commercial and church lending written policies and procedures current.
- Understand and interpret commercial loan documents. Provide back up for loan documents as needed.
- Provide assistance and support in other areas of the department as needed, including helping with loading loans on the core system.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field desired.
- One to three years’ credit analyst experience preferred.
- Prior Banking or Credit Union experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong computer and technical skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft office. Intermediate or advanced excel skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of financial statements, and ability to identify trends and risks.
- Knowledge of credit union and/or banking and regulatory policies, processes, procedures and standards preferred.
Full time – (40-hour work week).