Bi-lingual Consumer Loan Officer – Lancaster, PA
Develop, underwrite, and service consumer loans for our national applicants which fall outside of our branch footprint.
1. Assumes responsibility for effectively seeking new lending opportunities; initiating, reviewing, processing, and coordinating loan functions.
– Acts as the national branch’s secondary point of contact for consumer lending opportunities, and as the primary contact for corporate and consumer credit cards.
– Actively seeks new lending opportunities through existing membership base, referrals, outbound calling, and community relationships.
– Assists members with the loan application process on the phone, through video, or other electronic means to ensure completeness of information.
– Approves loans within limits of authority and notifies applicants of loan decisions. Requests additional information if required.
– Coordinates and processes loan closings. Ensures each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved, and disbursed.
– Ensures lending operations are conducted in accordance with established CU policies and are legally compliant. Ensures loan requests are properly documented.
– Performs collections efforts in accordance with CU policies and procedures.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with members.
– Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
– Ensures that members are properly informed of CU policies and services.
– Ensures that the CU's quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
– Presents and explains CU products and services to members and recommend the right products and services to assist them in meeting their everyday banking needs.
– Open/close memberships/accounts and renegotiate Certificates of Deposits/IRAs.
– Onboard new members with follow-up telephone calls, e-mail messages and/or mailings. Contacts members and prospects to update records and cross-sell.
3. Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned.
– Stays informed regarding changes in lending standards, related legal requirements, and trends in the consumer lending market.
– Completes special projects as assigned.
– Ensures the proper maintenance, cleanliness, and security of work area, desks, equipment, etc.
Associate degree in business or related field. In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of formal training and experience is acceptable.
One to three years of related lending experience.
Skills and abilities:
Full-time, non-exempt position.