This position includes providing clerical and administrative support and sales assistance to designated advisors and representatives and delivering excellent customer service to current members, prospective members, and colleagues.
Responsibilities and duties
- Schedule client appointments, answer phone calls, and complete follow-up calls as instructed by designated representatives and advisors.
- Prepare for client appointments by assembling product literature, forms, client reports, and other applicable information.
- Acquire and maintain a strong working knowledge of Everence insurance and investment products and the systems for processing workflow.
- Effectively manage customer inquiries and questions regarding various products and service.
- Serve as a front desk receptionist periodically, greeting members as they arrive and monitoring the reception area for literature and tidiness to provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- Become proficient using the Everence client database system (CRM) to effectively set up and manage ongoing client data, as well as the On-Base system for scanning client information.
- Prepare application forms using an automated forms system (LaserApp); process and forward applications to appropriate departments and/or companies.
- Prepare client correspondence as needed.
- Submit communications (i.e. letters, Campaign Monitor distributions, collateral materials, presentation content, etc.) to AdTrax for compliance as needed.
- Handle marketing and mailing projects as needed.
- Support the representatives and advisors with seminars, including marketing/promotion, maintaining seminar supplies, and collecting prospective client data.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment.
- Screen incoming calls and forward to appropriate representative or advisor.
- Maintain On-Base electronic filing system for paperwork as well as physical paper file cabinet as necessary.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
At least two years of college or specialized training preferred.
- Prior experience in financial services, insurance industry, or tax accounting office beneficial.
- Must have experience or aptitude to learn PC-based software programs.
Willingness to achieve Virginia license for life, accident, and health insurance.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional client service capabilities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to changing demands.
- Sensitivity to the confidentiality of information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions with efficiency, calmness, and courtesy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingly embraces and supports the mission of Everence; positive attitude.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Administrative support experience strongly preferred, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to exercise good judgment; problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal; good grammar and spelling skills.
- Ability to meet the public in a professional and friendly manner.
This is a full-time position