Participate as a member of the Sales Management Team (SMT) and pursue an effective partnership with each director.
Responsibilities and duties
- Coordinate, schedule and deliver Everence Onboarding training programs and sales support training.
- Provide assessment, insight and guided training experiences for new advisors, stewardship consultants, and others on the sales team.
- Coach and guide the mentoring process for new salespeople, delivering individual and team training interventions and preparing educational material.
- In partnership with the market Director or supervisor, coordinate efforts and resources jointly to impact performance readiness with clients.
- In conjunction with the market Director or supervisor, act as a coach/consultant to salespeople and provide helpful advice on coping with job-related challenges.
- In partnership with the market Director, identify individual and team training needs and coaching opportunities. Consult and coordinate with the Director of Training and Development for resources to address the needs; deliver the training or coaching; and establish support programs to expand and enrich new learning. Maintain updated records of training and communication.
- Develop or identify available educational material, including presentations, sales scripts and case studies. Design training opportunities using appropriate interventions such as gamification, role-playing activities and job simulation.
- Monitor cost of training and align with budget.
- Gather feedback on training programs from trainees, managers and instructors and analyze outcome metrics to determine training effectiveness to continuously improve efficacy.
- Coach to the developed goals as outlined by the market Director in the Plan for Success for advisors in the first year on the sales
team. Observe employee’s delivery of job skills during and after onboarding in the first year. Provide insight to the market Director for managing performance.
- Access and review available data and reports to assess gaps; share insight to market Director about advisor’s activity and outcomes;
and assist manager with suggestions for annual learning and development objectives.
- Consult on cases for new advisors as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, human resources or relevant field or the equivalent experience and training.
- Additional sales training or coaching certification is a plus.
- Possess a solid understanding of sales processes and the ability to analyze and assess skills gaps and provide guidance for employees of varying seniority.
- Experience as an advisor with training experience, sales coach, sales trainer or similar role.
- Experience in a financial services sales or financial planning position.
- Familiarity with role-playing activities and e-learning platforms.
- Hands-on experience creating presentations (e.g. videos or slides) and other training support materials.
- Demonstrated experience in effective problem-solving skills with a coaching approach.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to motivate people.
- Appreciation and understanding of the Anabaptist church beliefs, values and structures. Commitment to the Everence mission and vision.
- Ability to travel up to 50% time.
Location: Goshen, IN – Corporate office