Organizes a team to manage and support those products effectively while providing outstanding service to members. Build and administer a plan to profitably grow the product market share where possible. Possesses the skills and knowledge to effectively manage two distinct products; Medicare supplement insurance and the third-party administration of self-insured pools and organizations.
Lead Everence’s proprietary insurance products and services. Organizes a team to manage and support those products effectively while providing outstanding service to members. Build and administer a plan to profitably grow the product market share where possible. Possesses the skills and knowledge to effectively manage two distinct products; Medicare supplement insurance and the third-party administration of self-insured pools and organizations. As of February 2019, Everence’s products are:
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Wellness program
- Third Party Administration of Self-Insured groups – Church and Non-church plans
- Brokered re-insurance of pooled arrangements
- Health Savings Accounts
- Wellness programs
- Ancillary brokered products
- CEP stop loss insurance
- Work collaboratively across the organization to develop and maintain operational efficiencies within the health products and services; particularly with actuaries and accountants.
- Identify, develop and launch new products that our members need. Use existing new product models to analyze and evaluate the viability and marketability of new products and services.
- Work with strategic partners to craft a coordinated plan for delivering joint products.
- Build an effective wholesaling team to support and empower producers through various distribution channels (Everence’s field staff, call centers, partners, independent agents). Serve members effectively with our products.
- Develop and maintain efficient operational systems supporting Everence’s insurance products.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that integrates our goal of being highly responsive to members.
- Develop new products and improve existing products based on member needs and market dynamics.
- Grow new and retain existing membership on all products. Is highly responsive to market changes developing strategies to adapt our market position.
- Recruit, retain and develop a highly productive staff focused on meeting and exceeding field staff and member expectations.
- Develop annual budgets and manage the overall financial performance of insurance products and services.
- Cultivate a culture that emphasizes collaboration, efficiency and empowerment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Industry product knowledge appropriate for the role. Prior experience in product management and third-party administration preferred.
License(s): Must have or obtain an Indiana life & health insurance license.
Skills and abilities:
- Highly responsive to member needs. High sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both internal and external; a strong team player.
- Willingness to take risk and make decisions consistent with Everence’s mission, vision and values.
- Strong leadership skills and experience required.
- Strong product and financial analytical skills related to health insurance and third-party administration services.
- Understanding and sensitivity to Anabaptist values.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight approximately 25%.
Supervisory responsibilities: All staff involved in the manufacturing, support, and wholesale functions of senior health, self-funded Insurance plans (TPA) and insurance products to be developed.
Location: Goshen, IN - Corporate Office