Assists loan officers in making and servicing loans. Provides professional service to members. Provides information on credit union products and services to members according to all credit union policies and procedures. Prepares, analyzes, processes and documents all required forms and documentation for loan products.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assumes responsibility for administration and processing of real estate escrow accounts.
- Reviews and delivers annual escrow analysis statements to members with escrow accounts.
Tracks and pays real estate taxes, property insurance, etc. from escrow accounts.
Monitors accounts with past due escrow bills and follows up with members to ensure proper payment.
- Tracks loan payment type and delivers appropriate letter and correspondence documents with analysis.
- Adjusts applicable automated and ACH payment transfers.
- Tracks delinquent loans and delivers escrow analysis when able.
Assumes responsibility for providing effective support for all phases of loan processing activities and loan servicing.
- Prepares mortgage, consumer, and business loan documents in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Orders required appraisal.
- Mails loan paperwork as required. Distributes loan paperwork to settlement agents, loan officers, secondary market brokers and members as required.
- Sends mortgages and satisfactions for recording.
- Assists with loan modifications.
- Follows up on loan requirements to make sure all loan conditions are met.
- Organizes and maintains loan files. Maintains closed loan files and ensures that scanning of loan files is done promptly and efficiently.
- Receives and screens telephone calls. Answers routine questions or directs them to appropriate personnel. Records and relays messages.
- Maintains records of all participated and sold loans. Updates and reconciles GL accounts when loans are sold.
- Process daily mail including loan payments and payoffs.
- Assists in loan account research and corrections.
- Assists with other various loan administration responsibilities as needed.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with members and external contacts.
- Resolves (or refers) requests and problems promptly and courteously. Answers member questions pertaining to loans, balances, and payoffs.
- Keeps members properly informed of Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Coordinates loan closings with members and settlement agents.
- Maintains and conveys the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and communication with area personnel and management.
- Completes assigned paperwork for Lending/Servicing Manager and loan officers.
- Completes records and reports promptly and accurately.
- Supports and assists area personnel as needed.
- Maintains departmental files.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
Assumes responsibility for related duties and special projects as required or assigned.
- Provides notary public service to credit union and members as needed.
- Keeps work area clean, secure, and well maintained.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Understanding of credit union loan products and services
- Knowledge of loan processing functions and related requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of credit union’s credit processes and policies
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized
- Willingness to assist others
- Ability to use related computer applications
- Ability to follow instructions
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to perform basic math skills, including the use of decimals to compute ratios and percentages
- Supervisory responsibilities: None
Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania