Responsibilities and duties
- Develop and administer strategic marketing plans for assigned product/service areas (in coordination with the appropriate field and/or product management) focused on integrating the Everence brand, delivering meaningful customer experiences, and generating and nurturing marketing and sales leads.
- Serve as the primary marketing expert and contact for assigned product/service area.
- Perform creative service functions, such as copy development or graphic design.
- Monitor, evaluate and update appropriate Web and digital content and functionality.
- Coordinate and monitor activities for communications projects in assigned areas to: Develop and monitor schedules to meet agreed-upon deadlines, coordinate project details to ensure accurate and effective completion of communication projects, gain approvals (internal, external, compliance/regulatory, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide marketing expertise to assigned areas, including the development and monitoring of strategic marketing plans and providing competitive market analyses.
- Integrate the Everence corporate marketing plan and direction with product marketing plans and activities.
- Utilize market research, digital analytics, etc., to identify needs, obstacles and customer journeys to advance relationships with target audiences.
- Develop marketing budgets for assigned areas as required.
- Lead marketing and communications projects as assigned.
- Develop content in coordination with digital marketing strategies.
- Represent Everence in professional associations and inter-agency committees as required.
- Continue to grow in awareness and knowledge of Everence, its products and services, its clients and their customer experiences, the church, and current marketing trends and practices.
- Be familiar with and uphold the Everence writing, design and digital standards.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, communications, or related field required.
- Preferred three or more years of proven marketing and/or communications experience, including creative work (such as writing or design) and marketing plan development.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proven ability to successfully manage relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Financial services and/or insurance experience preferred.
Skills and abilities
- Take initiative, organize diverse tasks, work independently, and integrate and pursue corporate strategy.
- Effectively work as part of a team and lead cross-functional teams.
- Effectively interact with various parties across and outside the organization.
- Clearly communicate information and ideas to others verbally and in writing. Effective public speaking and presentation skills a plus.
- Manage a budget.
- Computer literacy, specifically with Microsoft Office programs and web content management.
- Knowledge of Mennonite and related Anabaptist church values extremely helpful.
- More or less 15% of overnight travel away from home.
Goshen, IN – Corporate Office