Accurately and efficiently process member transactions, service requests and the opening of new memberships/accounts in a courteous, discreet, and professional manner. Promote credit union products and services by pro-actively engaging in conversation with individuals, organizations and businesses; helping them achieve their everyday banking needs. Actively refer members to Everence associates for other financial needs such as: lending, investment, insurance, foundation, trust, educational resources and financial planning. Serve as back-up to other Member Service Representatives and support Member Service Representatives and other staff with additional office responsibilities as assigned. This position reports to the Everence Federal Credit Union branch manager.
Responsibilities and duties
- Process member transactions such as: deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan payments, transfers, cashier’s checks, cash advances, stop payments, wire transfers, etc.
- Adhere to policies and procedures including but not limited to: security, transaction verification, cash limits, cash handling and check cashing guidelines. Adhere to Anti-Money-Laundering Policy established to comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) which includes Customer Identification Program (CIP), Currency Transaction Report (CTR), Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) and Monetary Instrument Log; USA Patriot Act; and, regulations from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Balance cash and daily transactions. Investigate and resolve out-of-balance conditions.
- Scan checks received for deposit, payment or cash.
- Ensure individuals, organizations and businesses meet eligibility requirements.
- Present and explain credit union products and services to members and recommend the right products and services to assist them in meeting their everyday banking needs.
- Open/close memberships/accounts and renegotiate share certificates/IRA’s.
- Complete forms and enter information into database to establish new memberships/products/services, order checks and perform maintenance and service requests.
- Serve as resource for members to answer questions, solve problems and help with bookkeeping, account reconcilement and research requests.
- Receive, direct and handle telephone calls, facsimile, email and mail-in requests.
- Manage member traffic flow thru lobby, drive-thru and telephone.
- Assist in branch opening and closing procedures.
- Process drive-thru, night depository and mail-in transactions.
- Support balancing and auditing ATM, vault, other Member Service Representative cash, and negotiable instruments.
- Complete reports and records as needed.
- On-board new members with follow-up telephone calls, email messages and/or mailings.
- Contact members and prospects to update records, set appointments and cross-sell credit union products as appropriate to member needs.
- Stock and organize supplies, forms, new account kits and marketing materials.
- Assist other Member Service Representatives and office staff as needed with a variety of office and clerical tasks.
- Make referrals to Everence Financial Advisors for comprehensive financial planning as needs are identified.
- Complete all required training for position and participate in electives to enhance skills.
- Participate in meetings and other events as required.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; post-high education preferred.
- Cash handling or retail experience required; experience in financial services a plus.
- Bi-lingual fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to provide exceptional service.
- Professionalism, honesty, integrity and good listening skills to build rapport and relationships.
- Strong team skills and ability to work with differing personalities and work styles in a close work environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, solve problems, offer sound advice and cross-sell products and services.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including PC, Internet, email, Windows software, adding machine, telephone, facsimile, copy machine, money counting machine, typewriter and scanner. Experience with customer databases a plus.
- Adaptability to changing work flows to remain productive in fast-paced and slower times.
- Ability to lift boxes and heavy coin as well as stand on feet for a long period of time.
Location: This position is located at the Everence Federal Credit Union College Ave. branch in Goshen, Indiana.
Schedule: This is a part-time, 20 hours per week, position with the expectation of covering full-time as needed.