Accurately and efficiently process member transactions, service requests and the opening of new memberships/accounts in a courteous, discreet, and professional manner. Promote credit union products and services by proactively engaging in conversation with individuals, organizations and businesses, helping them achieve their banking needs. Serve as back-up to other branch staff and support branch manager and staff with additional office responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities and duties
- Process member transactions such as: deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan payments, transfers, cashier’s checks, cash advances, stop payments, wire transfers, etc.
- Adhere to policies and procedures including but not limited to: security, transaction verification, cash limits, cash handling and check cashing guidelines. Adhere to Anti-Money-Laundering Policy established to comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) which includes Customer Identification Program (CIP), Currency Transaction Report (CTR), Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) and Monetary Instrument Log; USA Patriot Act; and, regulations from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Balance cash and daily transactions. Investigate and resolve out-of-balance conditions.
- Scan checks received for deposit, payment or cash.
- Ensure individuals, organizations and businesses meet eligibility requirements.
- Open/close memberships/accounts and renegotiate Certificates of Deposit/IRAs.
- Complete forms and enter information into database to establish new memberships/products/services, order checks and perform maintenance and service requests.
- Receive, direct and handle telephone calls, facsimile, e-mail and mail-in requests.
- Process night depository and mail-in transactions.
- Present and explain credit union products and services to members and recommend the right products and services to assist them in meeting their everyday banking needs.
- Cultivate member loyalty and deepen member relationships by engaging members. Educate members on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology, tools, and resources.
- Serve as resource for members by answering questions and researching requests. Apply product and procedural knowledge to identify, mitigate and resolve member problems effectively.
- Drive proactive sales conversations through internal and outbound interactions with a defined sales process including outbound calling, service to sales, teller interactions. Deliver a full Everence conversation with every client interaction to identify the appropriate Everence solutions.
- Manage member traffic flow thru lobby and telephone.
- Assist in branch opening and closing procedures.
- Support balancing and auditing vault, other MSR cash, and negotiable instruments.
- Quality check new memberships/accounts, service/maintenance requests.
- Complete reports and records as needed.
- Onboard new members with follow-up telephone calls, e-mail messages and/or mailings.
- Contact members and prospects to update records, set appointments and cross-sell.
- Complete all required training for position and participate in electives to enhance skills.
- Participate in meetings and other events as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of credit union operations.
- Cash handling or retail service experience required and experience in financial services preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide exceptional service.
- Professionalism, honesty, integrity and good listening skills to build rapport and relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, solve problems, offer sound advice and cross-sell products and services.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including PC, Internet, e-mail, Windows software, adding machine, telephone, facsimile, copy machine, money counting machine, and scanner. Experience with customer databases a plus.
- Adaptability to changing workflows to remain productive in fast-paced and slower times.
- Ability to lift boxes and heavy coin as well as stand on feet for a long period of time.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours a week
Location: Belleville, Pennsylvania