Responsible for developing, underwriting, and servicing consumer loans for our national applicants which fall outside of our branch footprint. Loan types include auto loans, unsecured personal loans, unsecured lines of credit, credit cards, residential mortgages, home equity loans, and home equity lines of credit.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assumes responsibility for effectively seeking new lending opportunities; initiating, reviewing, processing, and coordinating loan functions.
- Acts as the national branch's primary point of contact for consumer lending and real estate lending opportunities.
- Actively seeks new lending opportunities through existing membership base, referrals, outbound calling, community relationships, and small business relationships.
- Assists members with the loan application process on the phone, or electronically to ensure completeness of information. Approves loans within limits of authority and notifies applicants of loan decisions. Requests additional information if required.
- Coordinates and processes loan closings. Ensures each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved, and disbursed.
- Ensures lending operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union (CU) policies and are legally compliant. Ensures loan requests are properly documented.
- Performs collections efforts in accordance with CU policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with members.
- Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensures that members are properly informed of CU policies and services.
- Ensures that the CU's quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
- Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned.
- Actively and professionally cross-sells CU services.
- Stays informed regarding changes in lending standards, related legal requirements, and trends in the consumer and real estate market.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Assists with loan servicing functions as time permits.
- Ensures the proper maintenance, cleanliness, and security of work area, desks, equipment, etc.
- Associate's degree in business or related field. In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of formal training and experience is acceptable.
- One to three years of related lending experience.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and sales aptitude.
- Thorough understanding of lending policies and procedures, as well as related legal requirements.
- Solid math and strong technology/computer skills
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to analyze accounts and loan requests.
- Attentive to detail; well organized.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain an effective and efficient work flow.
Schedule: Full-time, non-exempt position.
Location: Lancaster, PA