Serve as the first professional and inviting contact a person has with Everence, whether on the phone or at the front desk.
Responsibilities and duties
- Project a professional and warm image in receiving incoming phone calls and directing them to the appropriate person or department. Phone calls must be answered quickly and efficiently to avoid long wait times and/or abandoned calls.
- Welcome visitors to the Everence office, putting them in contact with the appropriate person.
- Handle petty cash disbursements and maintain a daily record of petty cash activity.
- Maintain various lists and manuals for Human Resources and Office Services.
- As part of the Human Resources department, assist with special projects as assigned.
- Familiarity with switchboard operations.
- Familiarity with Windows-based applications; aptitude for using various software programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet the public in a professional and friendly manner and project a positive image of Everence.
- Dependability is an essential requirement of this position. Due to the nature of this job, it requires a low absentee rate (approximately two percent annually) and limited tardiness.
- Ability to think quickly and handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions with calmness and courtesy.
- Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal; good grammar and spelling.
- Accuracy in using a keyboard and calculator; good math skills.
- Flexibility to work at other projects as assigned.
- Professional appearance.
- Self-motivated; takes initiative.
Location: Everence Corporate Office – Goshen, Indiana