Serve as a key member of the Sales and Distribution team in conjunction with Organization and Congregational Services. Responsible for creating, advancing and growing Everence relationships with individuals, churches/faith communities, conference and district leaders, and not-for-profit organizations. Identify and deliver services in education, charitable and financial services, member/benefit programs and promote use of other Everence resources.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop external relationships for the purpose of gaining insight about their mission; identifying opportunities where Everence can serve as a partner in addressing their objectives; sharing relevant components of the Everence story that allows the Consultant to advance the opportunity to serve the prospect/client.
- Routinely make referrals to the appropriate area for respective products and services.
- Update contact activity, meeting notes and related activities in CRM system.
- Responsible for the following activities in the market or an assigned territory or constituent group in service to churches and not-for-profit organizations (NFP):
- Charitable services: connect and work with previous, existing and prospective donors and users of Everence Charitable Services resources:
- Attract, sell and serve individual charitable service clients to grow the charitable accounts and assets under management
- Engage and build relationships with NFP organizations and their leadership to provide services to the NFP and its donors.
- Church relations: build connections to and work with church leaders, including but not limited to pastors, advocates, and stewardship leaders to assist in identifying opportunities where Everence can directly or by referral, partner with the church in addressing their missional call.
- Member benefits: connect and work with corporate Member Benefits staff, local Chapter participants, pastors/advocates:
- Champion Chapter purpose, effectiveness and growth.
- Present and represent other member benefits.
- Support administration and distribution of grants and gift programs (ie. Sharing Funds, Everence scholarships, etc.).
- Become knowledgeable of, and participate in, church organizational structures (denomination/network/movement) and respective gatherings (conference, district, yearly meeting) staff, as called on by Everence and/or market leadership.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of Everence multi-cultural initiatives and support available Everence services that respond to these groups.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- Interest in personal and organizational finance is essential.
- Willing to earn appropriate professional designations, such as Chartered Advisor of Philanthropy (CAP), etc.
- Charitable fundraising or church leadership (lay or licensed) or similar background preferred.
- Emphasis on church ministry, fundraising or financial background is optimal.
- Public speaking.
- Work in team settings.
License(s): None required; CAP desired
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build relationships of trust; strong networking and verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to set and maintain own schedule for optimum effectiveness. Takes initiative, sets priorities and follows through. Good customer service ethic/responsive and follows up.
- Ability to preach or speak on a variety of topics, as requested, and theological topics with preparation.
- Team player with Everence internal team and with church and non-profit leaders.
- Understanding or ability to learn and operate successfully within Christian church denominational and network structures, especially Anabaptist denominations and churches and the faith community; other denominations as appropriate for local market or assignment. Flexibility to accommodate a variety of Christian expressions.
- Working knowledge of or ability to learn planned giving and gift/fundraising.
- Experience in and commitment to local congregation and/or broader church leadership.
- Commitment to the stewardship values, vision, and mission of Everence along with a basic understanding of the Anabaptist faith tradition.
- Ability to travel overnight as needed.
Schedule: This is a 60 percent time position (24 hours per week).
Location: Position is located in the Everence Harrisonburg, Virginia office.