Serve as group contact and customer service representative for GroupCare clients.
Responsibilities and duties
- Primary contact person for employer group representative.
- Assist with training new employer group representatives on Everence processes, etc.
- Notify group of plan changes or updates.
- Process enrollments, cancelations and employee changes.
- Offer COBRA/Continuation for employees who qualify.
- Enroll and cancel employee in COBRA/Continuation.
- Collect premium.
- Provide reporting as needed using various software packages.
- Introduce EasyApps (system for enrollment and coverage maintenance) to employer group representatives.
- Stay abreast with regulatory environment, such as Affordable Care Act and Health and Human Services rulings that pertain to self-funded groups and distribute as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of MyWave/Broker Briefcase and Navigate.
- Provide educational material from various vendors to employer group representatives.
- HRA backup (as assigned).
- Develop and maintain uniform procedures.
- Cross train and back-up other GroupCare representatives.
- Complete projects or assignments as directed by manager.
- A high sense of urgency, initiative, organizational skills, good judgment, problem-solving abilities and ability to keep information confidential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions with efficiency, calmness and courtesy; ability to self-direct.
- Strong relational and communication skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work well in a team atmosphere and with other team members.
- Vision-oriented to continually look for improvements in work processes and opportunities for growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of PC-based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and AS400.
- Prior experience in insurance or human resources processes/benefits preferred.
Schedule: This is a full-time position
Location: Everence Corporate Office - Goshen, Indiana