Advisor job description
To help people integrate their faith and finances through their investment decisions.
Responsibilities and duties
- Provide investment advice and financial planning counsel to individuals and couples.
- Generate new business and sale of products within market area.
- Provide service to existing clients.
- Build trust with clients through professional competency and empathy.
- Initiate contact (in person, phone, or mail) with current clients for cross sales.
- Function effectively as part of a team of advisors approach.
- Acquire and maintain working knowledge of all Everence-offered products and services.
- Periodically make group presentations.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong desire to generate new business; sales orientation.
- Appreciation for the mission of integrating faith and finance.
- Motivation to excel.
- Good listening skills.
- Ego strength (resiliency).
- Ability to explain complex financial concepts in easily understood manner.
- Service motivation to build long-term relationships.
- Attain appropriate licensing for respective products if not currently licensed, including but not limited to Life & Health Licensure, Series 6 and 63 or 65 (Series 7 also appropriate).
- Interest in attaining Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or equivalent.
This is a full-time (40-hours per week) position.
Apply online today