Vote for your favorite video in 'Money Talks' contest
We've picked the finalists - now it’s your turn
After receiving submissions from all over the country for the 2014 Money Talks video contest, our judging panel has picked four videos that most exemplify the specified criteria - adherence to the contest theme, originality, video production, communication, and use of the Everence name and logo or reference to its programs.
So, now through Jan. 12, 2015, select your favorite video from the finalists and then vote once a day, every day.
The entry receiving the most votes wins the top award of $2,000 to be split evenly between the winning entrant and the entrant’s favorite charity – with prizes also to the second- and third-place finishers.
We’ll all know the winners on Jan. 13, 2015 – so make sure to check back to track the trends and watch for the final results!
This year's finalists
- Dec. 8, 2014 – Finalists selected
- Dec. 15, 2014 – Voting begins
- Jan. 12, 2015 – Voting ends
- Jan. 13, 2015 – Winners announced
Everence is pleased to sponsor three awards:
- First Prize - $2,000
- Second Prize - $1,000
- Third Prize - $500
Each award will be split evenly between the winning entrant and the entrant’s favorite charity. Read the complete rules and regulations before entering.
Rules and regulations
How entries will be judged
A panel of judges will select the top entries based on the following criteria (in no particular order):
- Adherence to the contest theme
- Video production values
- Clear communication
- Extra credit for use of the Everence name and logo or reference to its programs
The top videos as rated by the panel will be posted on the Everence website. Members of the general public can then vote for their favorites. Prize winners will be those who receive the most votes. Voters will be limited to one vote per day from a single IP address during the voting period.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form
- Entries must be three minutes or less
- Entries must be named
- Entries must be in English
- Entries must be submitted in .MP4 or .MOV format
- Multiple entries from one person or team will be accepted, but they must be unique following different storylines, music, images, etc.
- Entries from teams will be accepted, but only one prize will be awarded to each winning group. A team leader must be named, and the leader will be the recipient of any prize.
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 25, and those under age 18 must have signed permission from a parent or legal guardian. We may ask for proof of age if there are any questions.
- In the event of a tie, prize money will be consolidated and split evenly between the winners.
- Videos should not promote a particular Everence staff member or services provided by any specific Everence representative, advisor, or office.
The legal stuff
- Everence retains the right to delete any submitted material that is deemed illegal, incendiary, unduly controversial, lewd or loathsome.
- You must have the consent of people who appear in your video to use their image for this purpose.
- You must obtain the right to use any copyrighted material that is not in the public domain. This includes video, still images, music, voices or voiceovers, artwork, or anything else that is subject to copyright. Inclusion of such material without permission will void the entry.
- Any consents, licenses, authorizations or permissions reasonably required shall be provided upon request.
- You are solely responsible and liable for any violation of any licenses or copyrights with respect to any submitted material.
- Charities selected by prize winners must be approved by Mennonite Foundation.
- All entries become the property of Everence which retains the right to use or display the videos for promotional purposes or for any use it deems appropriate. Entrants acknowledge that all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the submitted videos become the property of Everence.
- Entrants give Everence the right to use their names, photographs, and video submissions for promotional purposes.
- Entries must be received by Everence between Oct. 1, 2014, and midnight Nov. 16, 2014. Any entries that are lost, late, damaged or unable to be viewed due to a technical error will be void.
For more information, contact Steve Bowers at (574) 533-9511.