Everence college scholarship
A college scholarship for you or your children is one of the potential benefits of doing business with Everence.
Scholarship recipients for the 2016-17 academic year have been selected. For the 2017-18 academic year, scholarship winners will be chosen by their local office to receive a $750 scholarship.
National scholarships – one of $1,250 and two of $250 – will be granted to three of the students chosen for the regional scholarships. So the top three recipients will receive scholarships totaling $2,000 or $1,000.
- The student or the student’s parent or legal guardian must own or be using an Everence product that has been in effect for at least 6 months prior to March 1, 2017. This is a newly revised requirement; the time minimum had been 12 months.
- The student must be enrolled full
time (at least 12 credit hours) in an
accredited two- or four-year undergraduate
or trade school program.
- The student must have a grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0-point scale.
- The student must submit a completed application with all appropriate documentation, postmarked, emailed or faxed by Feb. 28, 2017.
- Previous recipients may apply again.
- Check back later for application forms, which should be available by Nov. 1.
Eligible applicants must complete all sections of the application form. Recipients will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Academic record (based on high school or college transcript)
- Leadership role
- Community involvement, focusing on service in the larger community
- Written answer (250 or fewer words) to a question about how his or her faith influences the use of money
- Applications will be accepted from Jan. 1 through Feb. 28, 2017.
- Scholarships are good only for the year issued and are not transferable to the next year. Students may reapply each year they are enrolled in undergraduate studies.
- Regional scholarship winners will be notified after May 10. National winners will be notified by June 12.
- Scholarship funds are made payable to the school or college and distributed by July 25.
- Scholarship funds may be used to pay tuition or book costs and related course fees.
If you have additional questions, please contact Kenda Mishler at (800) 348-7468 ext. 3388.
College student loans
Our innovative private student loan options reward academic growth and student responsibility. Find out more about our student loans by visiting our college student loan section.