Michiana residents receive Everence scholarships
Six local students have received scholarships to pursue a degree.
GOSHEN, Ind. – Six local students have received scholarships of $750 each to pursue a degree at their college or university. The recipients include:
- Jennifer Bustos, Goshen, who is attending Anderson University. Jennifer is a member of Silverwood Mennonite Church in Goshen.
- Erin Graber, Goshen, who is attending Goshen College. Erin is a member of Yellow Creek Mennonite Church in Goshen.
- Luke Miller Rush, Goshen, who is attending Goshen College. Luke is a member Eighth Street Mennonite Church in Goshen.
- Bailey O’Dell, Goshen, who is attending Huntington University. Bailey is a member of Waterford Mennonite Church in Goshen.
- Ariana Perez Diener, Goshen, who is attending Goshen College. Ariana is a member of Waterford Mennonite Church in Goshen.
- Emily Schrock, Goshen, who is attending the University of Indianapolis. Emily is a member of Holdeman Mennonite Church in Wakarusa.
These students are among 41 recipients of Everence college scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year. The scholarship program encourages young people to explore the integration of faith and finances while helping them on their educational journeys. More than 220 students from across the country applied for scholarships for the coming academic year. Recipients were chosen based on leadership, community involvement and responses to an essay question about someone who models the concept of stewardship.
“Helping students continue their education is important to Everence,” said Kenda Mishler, Member Benefits Manager. “We recognize the effort it takes to invest their time and talents in their communities while balancing school and family obligations.”
One student received a $2,000 scholarship, two received $1,000 scholarships and 38 others received $750 scholarships for the upcoming school year. View a complete list of scholarship recipients and their photos.
Everence helps individuals, organizations and congregations integrate finances with faith through a national team of advisors and representatives. Everence offers banking, insurance and financial services with community benefits and stewardship education. Everence is a ministry of Mennonite Church USA and other churches. To learn more, call (800) 348-7468.