Local students receive Everence scholarships
Eleven students awarded Everence college scholarships for 2018-2019 in Indiana and northwest Ohio
Eleven students from Indiana and the northwest Ohio area have received Everence® college scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Kalina Reese of New Paris, Ind., was a national scholarship recipient, receiving $2,000 toward a degree at Calvin College.
The regional recipients of $750 scholarships are:
- Anna Smucker of Goshen, Ind., pursuing a degree at Goshen College
- Cade Fisher of Goshen, Ind., pursuing a degree at Goshen College
- Clay Waidelich of Wauseon, Ohio, pursuing a degree at Wittenberg University
- Denver Beck of Archbold, Ohio, pursuing a degree at Goshen College
- Emily Schrock of Goshen, Ind., pursuing a degree at the University of Indianapolis
- Jacob Myers of Archbold, Ohio, pursuing a degree at Eastern Mennonite University
- Jared Birky of Kouts, Ind., pursuing a degree at Purdue Unversity
- Joseph Stoltzfus of Goshen, Ind., pursing a degree at Goshen College
- Karly Eichenauer of North Manchester, Ind., pursuing a degree at Manchester University
- Maddison Ziolkowski of North Liberty, Ind., pursing a degree at Ball State University
They are among 42 recipients of Everence college scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year. The scholarship program encourages young people to explore the integration of faith and finances while helping them on their educational journeys.
More than 150 students from across the country applied for scholarships – a benefit of being an Everence member – for the coming academic year. Recipients were chosen based on leadership, community involvement and responses to an essay question.
“Everence believes it’s important to support students as they work toward their college degrees,” said Kenda Mishler, Member Benefits Manager. “We want to reward young women and men committed to improving their communities and the world beyond their communities.”
See the complete list of 2018-2019 scholarship recipients and their photos here.
Everence helps individuals, organizations and congregations integrate finances with faith through a national team of advisors and representatives. Everence offers banking, insurance and financial services with community benefits and stewardship education. Everence is a ministry of Mennonite Church USA and other churches.