Michiana students receive Everence scholarships
Seven local students awarded 2019-2020 scholarships
Seven students from northern Indiana have received Everence® college scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The scholarship recipients are:
- Benjamin Bontrager-Singer from Goshen, IN, pursuing a degree at Eastern Mennonite University.
- Kelsey Eichenauer from North Manchester, IN, pursing a degree at Valparaiso.
- Lydia Holsopple from Millersburg,IN , pursuing a degree at Goshen College.
- Jace Longenecker from South Bend, IN, pursing a degree at Goshen College.
- Ruby Meyer from Huntertown, IN, pursing a degree at Goshen College.
- Kaitlyn Reese from New Paris, IN, pursing a degree at Calvin University.
- Rachel Shields from Hebron, IN, pursing a degree at Purdue University.
They are among 42 recipients of Everence college scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. The scholarship program encourages young people to explore the integration of faith and finances while helping them on their educational journeys.
More than 200 students from across the country applied for scholarships – a benefit of being an Everence member – for the coming academic year. Recipients were chosen based on participation and leadership in school-related activities and community activities, along with responses to an essay question.
“Everence appreciates these hard-working students and wants to help them earn their college degrees,” said Kenda Mishler, Member Benefits Manager. “Attending college not only helps prepare students for their careers, but encourages learning and refining skills that will help them in all phases of their lives.”
One student received a $3,000 scholarship, two received $2,000 scholarships—one being Kaitlyn Reese—and 39 others received $1,000 scholarships for the upcoming school year.
See the complete list of 2019-2020 scholarship recipients and their photos here.
Everence helps individuals, organizations and congregations integrate finances with faith through a national team of advisors and representatives. Everence offers banking, insurance and financial services with community benefits and stewardship education. Everence is a ministry of Mennonite Church USA and other churches.