Everence and the Kansas City 2015 convention
Everence is pleased to participate in and support Mennonite Church USA's biennial convention in Kansas City, Missouri
The convention is from Tuesday, June 30, to Sunday, July 5, in the Kansas City Convention Center. Everence is an agency of Mennonite Church USA.
Happenings in Kansas City
- Booth: Everence will welcome convention attendees at its booth in the exhibit hall.
- Meet the president and sunglasses giveaway: Meet Ken Hochstetler, our new President and CEO, on Tuesday, June 30, from 8:45 to 10 p.m.
Everence will give away sunglasses at the booth that night to celebrate our 70th birthday, so you’ll want to get there before supplies run out if you’re attending the convention.
- Film fest sponsorship and giveaways: At 9 p.m. Wednesday, July 1, we’ll give away more prizes at the film festival, right before the showing of Ender’s Game. Ken will be on hand to toss flying discs into the crowd – anyone catching one of the discs wins a prize. Everence is a sponsor of the festival.
- Seminars: Everence is leading 11 seminars on a variety of topics, including Understanding health care options in retirement; Your dreams, your goals, your financial path; Help! Financial crash course for church leaders; and Teaching your children to be charitable.
- Everence testimony: Ken will deliver the “Everence testimony” at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 2, including two story videos about members and their money journeys.
- Embark! A learning experience: Retirement looks different for everyone, depending on one’s values, resources and priorities. Everence is co-sponsoring this interactive experience to help people nearing retirement see how their choices and circumstances may play out and how to be prepared.
- Going wild during children’s time: Everence will host young children at our booth each morning for a story hour about how to be “wild about saving.”
- T-shirt bonanza: Everence has sponsored the official KC2015 T-shirt plus a special Sister Care T-shirt of Mennonite Women.
Tuesday, June 30
MCUSA convention starts this afternoon
Ken Hochstetler will greet delegates and visitors tonight
The Mennonite Church USA convention starts today in Kansas City, Missouri, with the first delegate session from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
The exhibit halls will open tonight, when Everence President and CEO Ken Hochstetler will greet delegates and visitors at the Everence booth, starting at 8:45 p.m.
Everence also is giving away sunglasses at the booth tonight to celebrate our 70th birthday.
Everence convention giveaway a success
Sunglasses were snapped up quickly at Mennonite Church USA event
Everence sunglasses were a big hit Tuesday night at the Mennonite Church USA biennial convention in Kansas City, Missouri.
About 150 pairs of shades were given away in little more than an hour at the Everence booth in the Kansas City Convention Center.
Everence President and CEO Ken Hochstetler was at the booth Tuesday night as well, meeting and talking with dozens of delegates and visitors at the convention.
After the sunglasses were gone, Everence representatives staffing the convention booth started giving away blue and green silicone wristbands that also feature the Everence logo.
Everence will give away more prizes tonight at a convention film festival. Everence is one of the sponsors of the film festival.