Getting the best customer service
Medicare Supplement members may need help for decades
When you buy many types of insurance, you may rarely need customer service. The opposite is often true when you go on Medicare and purchase a Medicare insurance plan because most people have more – and complex -- medical care as they age.
Everence® has a dedicated department of Member Services representatives to help our Medicare Supplement members. Here are pointers on how to get the best services when you have a question.
Who to contact for what
- I think I need help, but I’m not sure who to ask: Talk with Member Services. They’ll help you decide who you need to talk to and connect you with that person.
- I have a question about my policy/coverage: Member Services will explain your benefits and premiums, along with payment options. They also will help you with details such as address changes, adding a power of attorney or those sorts of issues.
- I need to ask about a medical bill: Member Services can answer your questions about medical claims or explanation of benefits statements.
- How can I get the best deal? Talk to your financial professional for help in evaluating whether you could use a better or more affordable Medicare insurance plan or to ask about changing to a different plan.
- I’m not sure about something in my Part D (prescription drugs) plan: Contact the insurance carrier providing your Part D coverage for information about enrollment, payment or claim issues.
- I forgot my user ID or password on My Everence (member account management portal): Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance from an Everence Information Technology staff member.