Refresh your charitable giving
Spring is the time to organize and energize your generosity
After a long winter, spring flowers are beginning to bloom, and warmer air beckons us outside. Spring also signals a time for a closer look at our surroundings and, for some, a deep cleaning: washing the windows, cleaning the drapes, and rearranging furniture.
As you wrap up your 2020 tax filing, spring is also the perfect time to organize and refresh your giving plans and financial strategies as you think about your goals for 2021.
Consider the following charitable checklist to help you think about potential updates to your charitable strategies or goals:
- Are there any gifts you know you would like to make in 2021?
- Are your giving plans and designated charitable beneficiaries up to date?
- Have you experienced life changes that may warrant a will review or update?
- Are you looking for creative giving tools that also provide you with income?
- Are charities listed as beneficiaries on your life insurance or IRA?
- Have you reviewed your financial plan with a financial consultant?
- Are you considering any planned gifts to increase your charitable impact?
Everence® can help you maximize your charitable impact this year.